When AND What Is My Child’s First DENTAL Visit?
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends that the first dental visit should be around age one.
- We will gently examine your child’s teeth and gums.
- We may clean your child’s teeth and apply topical fluoride to help protect the teeth against decay.
- Dr. Gabor will review proper dental care with you and your child using a show-and-tell instructional lesson.
- We would also like to discuss dietary habits such as sugar intake and snacking to prevent dental disease.
- We encourage you to accompany your child for the first visit. This will give you the opportunity to see our team in action and allow Dr. Gabor to discuss the dental findings and possible treatment needs directly with you.
- Crying: Please try not to be upset if your child cries in our office. This is a normal reaction to the unknown.
Working together, we can overcome any apprehension your child has. Expect your child to do well and enjoy the visit to our office.